Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Addy's bed smashed up!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry to hear your bad news! [img]frown.gif[/img] Luckily you got insurance. You should file a claim right away for the max you can get on the value of the bed. I'm not sure if you can get full retail or just the buying price, you'll have to check. Did you pay with Paypal? Maybe their protection plan covers part of it. If the seller was negligent in its packing, then you should contact her about a full or at the very least a partial refund. Maybe between an insurance refund and a seller's partial refund you would have enough for a new bed. I've had some recent eBay tradgedies myself, and I know how bad you feel. I hope you can get it resolved asap.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ann, that's such a pitty. You've been so much looking forward to the bed. I hope it can be sorted.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ann, I'm so sorry! [img]frown.gif[/img] Best of luck in getting it resolved and hang in there, you will get Addy's bed! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh no! Ann I am so sorry, I knew how happy you were on this bed.
    Contact the seller, then the PO, you will get your insurance money for the bed and buy another one from AG if it is enough. Maybe also glue this one??? keep us posted.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh Ann,that is horrible.I would contact the seller and go to the post office right away,and get the insurance money,to buy a new bed.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So far the seller is being helpful and says he will start the paperwork right away. He said he got the insurance through a third party (U-Pick, never heard of it) because it is faster than the USPS. So he will send me the paperwork when he's done filling out his part.

    Argh!!!!!! It's just such a pain! I hope I get not just the item price back but shipping too because shipping was $12.50 and that's a lot!! Better yet I hope I get $48, the retail/replacement price. I forgot to ask what I'd be getting back. I probably should!

    Here's the sad, sad picture:
    http://www.evernotice.com/ann/smashedbed.JPG

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh Ann, you have my sympathies.

    I just had my own tale of woe with USPS today too. Last week I made two shipments to two different buyers, and both of them contacted me today to say the packages arrived with broken contents. And I know I packaged them securely, with plenty of bubble wrap and other packing materials. I even made sure the contents wouldn't shift during shipping that might cause breakage. still they arrived broken.

    I just got back from USPS myself and they said that the buyers have to file the claims because they will need to take the box, contents, and all packing materials into the USPS for inspection on the claim process.

    This is just a big hassle for everyone involved.
    I think I'm going to try UPS on my future shipments of anything breakable.

    Laurie

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ann, I don't have any advice, I just wanted to say I'm sorry and how disappointing that must have been. Last week I received a sweater I had really looked forward to receiving, and it had huge holes in it, so like the bed it was a total loss and I was just so disappointed. I hope the seller works with you and you can get everything resolved quickly and be able to bid on another bed soon.

    Some shippers have packing requirements that are SO crazy there is no way to meet them (UPS' is laughable), and it gets them out of paying for the value. I believe USPS is not as bad about claims, and it sounds like that was how it was shipped, so I hope you can get the money back.

    Laurie, UPS throws their boxes. Their requirements for packaging are hard to meet, and if you don't meet them, they will not refund your money. I can't remember the exact requirements, but they want a LOT of space between the box and the item in the box.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 07, 2005 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Melissa, thanks for the heads up on UPS.

    Laurie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The seller said the insurance co. will refund the bid amount plus shipping. WHEW!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •